What to Wear to the Belmont Stakes
By Kristen Doolan | June 05, 2020
Elegance, prestige, and class. Only the best outfits arrive through the gates of Belmont Park to honor the historic tradition of the final leg of the Triple Crown™, the Belmont Stakes. Held each year in June, Elmont, New York provides the perfect backdrop and weather for horse-racing fans. Whether you have been before and need a refresher on how to choose your ensemble, or are a first-timer looking for tips, make sure to follow along below!
Belmont Stakes Fashion
Women: Dress/jumpsuit, heels, hat/fascinator
Men: Dress pants, collared shirt, jacket, hat
- Avoid a head-to-toe mix of bright colors. Think more of the monochrome trend, or in simple language, stick to one color with little pops of color. You will see most in black & white themes with pops of color in their hat, makeup, or shoes.>
- Don’t forget your hat! Not only does it shade you from the summer sun, but it also is an iconic fashion tradition for race-goers.
- No shorts or short-sleeved shirts. Most areas of Belmont Park do not allow shorts or short-sleeved shirts and require men to wear collared shirts.
- You may opt for heels! Flats are great, but if you are a heel-fanatic, this is a great place for them. Belmont Park has leveled walkways, grass with padding (no sinking!), and escalators throughout the park.
- Jackets are popular and encouraged but not required in most areas of Belmont Park.
Attend the Belmont Stakes with an Official Ticket Package
Belmont Experiences offers multiple Official Ticket Package options, which come complete with access to hospitality spaces like The Diamond Room, Champagne Room and Garden Terrace. Indulge in gourmet food, a premium open bar, private wagering stations and so much more!